Saturday, March 24, 2012

Animal Jam Improvements List

Heyo peeps!

I'm sure you all have a long list of things that you wish would change about Animal Jam or that you think they should add/get rid of. Here are the things that annoy and inconvenience me about the game that I wish they would get rid of or fix. Brace yourselves!
Crocodile & Rhinoceros Videos
Animal Jam seriously needs to add the crocodile and rhinoceros videos in the Animal Museum in Appondale. Rhinos were introduced to Jamaa on June 9, 2011 and crocs came on August 17, 2011. It's been 9 months since the rhino video should have been added, and 7 months since the croc video should have been added. I'm not sure whether Animal Jam has totally forgotten about adding these two videos (I doubt it) or they are just being lazy and are procrastinating, but I know that myself and many other Jammers have long since been waiting for them.

Switch Animals Organization & Unlocking Animal Slots
I absolutely despise the new organizing tool where the animals that you use the most often appear at the beginning of your list. I liked all my animals to always be in the same place. That way if I wanted to change into a specific animal I would know exactly where to click and it would always be the same. It was easy and perfectly organized because nothing ever changed and it was constant. Now animals are switching spots and changing places right and left and anybody with one brain cell can see that this has the opposite desired affect of whatever "organizational tool" Animal Jam had in mind.

And don't even get me started on the fact that we have to buy every single animal over again, regardless of if we already spent 16,000 gems to purchase every animal slot. That's what I and many others did and it worked great. The system was reliable and effortless. We could easily make new animals whenever we wanted and never had to pay any more money after we unlocked the slots. But now... Well, I used to make new animals just to try them out to see if I liked them. I won't do that anymore. I would make new animals for roleplaying, or to try on clothing. Now you can't even rename your dang animal without paying another 1,000 gems and creating it all over again with a different name... 'Nuff said.

Recycling
We should get full refund when we want to recycle an item. But no... Of course we get LESS THAN A THIRD OF OUR MONEY BACK. It's so stupid. It discourages recycling and makes people frustrated. This is one of the things I hate the most about Animal Jam. Honestly how hard would it be for Animal Jam to give us all our money back if we recycle an item? What would it take? The push of a button? It's a big, stupid waste of time, when in the end all you get is a measly portion of the gems you originally coughed up.

Member Smileys & Gifts
Okay, this just crosses the line to Pathetic Ville. It's so utterly ridiculous to restrict non-members from using EMOTICONS. I understand that Animal Jam runs on the funds from memberships and that members definitely deserve certain benefits that non-members can't have in order to persuade non-members to get memberships. But there is NO SITE THAT I'VE EVER HEARD OF that restricts non-members from the usage of certain emoticons. NONE! Not any Disney game, Fantage, Webkinz, and whatever other games there are. This is a new low in the game world that's for sure.

And non-members not being able to open gifts that were sent to them? That's horrible! If someone sends you a gift it's just plain cruel to not allow you to open it whether you happen to be a paying member or not. Gifts are a way to show you care and are thinking about a person. Isn't that what Animal Jam is all about? Friendship, giving, and thankfulness? Well how are you supposed to give, and be thankful if you can't even accept a gift that your friend sent you, huh?

 Calls of the Wild
Animal Jam SERIOUSLY needs more Calls of the Wild. I joined Animal Jam on July 29, 2011 and I have done all of the Calls of the Wild. I am trying to get all the achievements (I have 164 so far) but I can't get the "Answer the Call" achievement because you have to answer 15 Calls of the Wild, but ever since I joined (it's been over 8 months) there have been no new Calls of the Wild, and there are less than 15 so I can't get the achievement...

Clothing/Den Inventory Space
We're only allowed to have 100 land clothing items, 100 water clothing items, and 200 den items? Lame... Some people have been playing Animal Jam since beta, which was during the summer of 2010. That's about 2 years. Club Penguin has no inventory limits... This is just horrible. And once each of your three inventories has been filled, you can't accept trades that have item(s) in that inventory category (land clothing, water clothing, or den items) even if you like them a lot! I've had a glitch happen to me where I clicked yes to a trade even though it had one extra den item that I wouldn't have had room for (giving me 201 den items) and it let me accept the trade, but that rarely ever happens. If we have to have inventory limits they should at least make them reasonable! Sometimes Animal Jam amazes me... And not in a good way.

Larger Buddy List
  
100 buddies is a despicable limit. I constantly have to delete buddies or decline buddy requests because of the amount of buddy spaces we have to work with. And I hate declining requests and telling people: "Sorry, but my buddy list is full so I can't add you." I feel like a jerk or a snob but I'm not trying to be stuck-up. People may think I don't add them because they think I'm one of those rare, mean people but I'm the exact opposite and I'd accept every buddy request in a snap if I could. I want to apologize to anyone who has sent me a buddy request but it has been declined. It's not you, it's not me. It's Animal Jam.

43 comments:

  1. can you make a post avritising my blog? it only has 1 fallower.......... heres the link: http://callofthewildilovekatsanimaljamblog.blogspot.com/ thxs, i just want peeps 2 reconize my hard work on it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure I'll advertise your blog. But if you're going to ask me to advertise your blog please ask it on Ask Sheesh4, because this has no relevance to my post. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, all of these things bug me sooooooo much!
    pancakebatter

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree I mean how can you NOT OPEN A GIFT thats ridiculous and the emoticons is pretty dumb too also another thing that aj should let nonmembers do is color there items I mean what game dosent let you pick out furniture in your own color i mean i dont mind but nonmembers still do end up getting things in color so im just saying WHY NOT JUST LET THEM BE ABLE TO COLOR THERE OWN STUFF right?-infinitychips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The reason why they don't let you open gifts is because of Fman122. If you haven't heard of him then i'll tell you: He is a scammer, hacker and sent (hence the word sent) red necklaces to every rare person or member and sent a virus to their computer if they opened it. Some people think he is an actual person or a computer (robot) so Animal jam just to protect the safety had disabled accepting gifts but since some people are members and they need to earn money to keep the game going they didn't disable it on the members account, plus non members can't send them too. From your fellow Non member Jammer: 786lincolnlions786
      P.S dear other non members or members, below are a few emoticons that you can both use! make sure you put a space between the periods.
      A . A U . U u . u . .
      ....................
      .....



      Delete
    2. Like i agree with you also, i feel that aj is now a bunch of commercial use and no more outdoorsy where things would look a bit more like the outdoors! The slides like really AJ plastic blue slides mixed with old nets and flamingos with sanddollars, its like poptropicas time messed up island (don't know the name) and BTW my poptropica username is 786lincolnlions786, even thequests like really? They could have done something like poptropica where members could get a sneak peak and then after like a few weeks non members can try too! -786lincolnlions786 (AJ and Poptropica)

      Delete
  5. Seriously, Animal Jam REALLY needs to work on those things. I can understand emotions, but GIFTS?!??!? They're called gifts because we want to give it to people because we CARE! Trading gifts isn't a gift; the non-member is losing gems to buy a pointless object to trade the gift for. SERIOUSLY, AJ.

    -OwlEye

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Ranting and Protesting ,too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey sheesh, I think they should improve the whole plan of "Bringing back all the rares"
    My friend mldb has no rares now (or atleast he said so), because AJ brought back everything.
    Maybe you could add it up on your "AJ improvements list".
    Bt I would like a little credit, if you ACTUALLY put it on you list.
    Thanks!
    ~YingYangSoulCat

    ReplyDelete
  8. AJ should be like, the real world.
    Where everyone is equal.

    Like, what if the real world functions just like AJ?
    What would that mean?
    Rich people are treated like members on AJ?
    Thats just wrong.
    ~YingYangSoulCat
    PS:I was here when AJ let Nonmember's open gifts :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. MLDB isn't the only one. MLDB has no rares because apparently he was hacked... At least that's what he told me.
    I have lost so many rares it's not funny. I had red-and-blue heart glasses before they came out. I had pink cuffs and black-and-red cuffs before they came out. I had worns, clover earmuffs, a pink beard, non-member wings, beta blankets, bunny hats, 4 lockets, clover blankets, 2 heart candy boxes, 2 Halloween balloons, 6 snowflakes, 3 candy canes, heart blankets, candy stands, and the only pair or purple beta reindeer antlers that existed on Animal Jam. I used to be so rare. But Animal Jam is bringing back all my rares.
    Animal Jam isn't about rares. It's about friends. But sometimes I can't help being jealous of the rare people who are lucky enough to be rare. It's like a gang and sometimes I feel like a pile of poop compared to those cocky, stuck-up rare people. But I have tons of awesome friends who are rare, too. So rare people don't have to be mean. That's just a stereotype. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lineyluv the sad nonmemberMarch 25, 2012 at 8:32 PM

    Seriously.
    Members get to open gifts and have these special emoticons...
    And nonmembers get a Jam-a-gram telling you to get a membership.
    This is worse than Disney Fairies, where you get one top, one bottom, one belt and a pair of shoes for ALL of your clothes, and for your house you get two pieces of furniture. TWO!
    AJ HQ NEEDS TO KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!
    They can't just leave their Jammers sad, membershipless, and rareless, can they?
    WILL they? D:

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tottaly agree with everything I especially like the use of the words despicable, horrible, jerk, snob, and stuck-up we should send AJ HQ letters telling them to fix all of these, ok perhaps i had a little too much sugar but those words made me crack up but seriously everything here must be fixed. I also belive that AJ HQ is releasing Member only rares so Nonmembers can join the club and become rare and I just find this sad thats is soliciting items from people.-infinitychips

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are calls of the wild? Is it a member thing? Cuz I've never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i agree some things need 2 b changed and whts call of the wild??

    ReplyDelete
  14. Calls of the Wild are Animal Jam polls that they set up in different lands.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know animal jam has some tough times but I wonder why do they restrict all those posibilites in the game it just doesn't seem right.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally agree I mean wat the freak is AJ's problem, i mean i cant even receive a gift from a friend!! Some really nice (but clueless about non members...) members send you a cool gift and then you have NO OTHER CHOICE then to delete it! I mean seriously. (ranting is fun, lol)I am now going to complain to AJHQ.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know, everything you said is true. I am a member but i still hate how they restrict certain things from non-members. They really should consider how they feel. I mean come on AJHQ!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nonmembers used to be able to change the item colours, then bang! All of a sudden it's for members. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. And the bunnies rly need a adoption center. Whenever I go into the pillow room, I always meet a rabbit who begs me to adopt him. And perhaps some cafe or restraunt, crazy rabbits want to be eaten. Parties need more nonmember stuff stocked at the minishops. And nonmember might need more of a choice in house music. Not sure about last bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I saw a bunnie dressed up as a turkey in the adoption room. It was shouting " adopt me or eat me!" kind of sad, really...

      Delete
  20. I know right! You should be able to organize your den items and clothes and animals etc, etc! Larger Buddy List would rock the house and so would bulliten boards! If I had organized a Clan Meeting, but then went camping I could leave a note for my clan!
    ~IvySnow~

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a non member, and I've ranted to AJ five times and nothing happened. Another thing is the jam a grams, the members are currently being "tested" with the type your letter thing is just code for "sorry non members but you must pay" and members ge EVERYTHING cool. In fact, that's the reason why my wolf looks like a visitor from Planet Dork.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i agree with you and i am a member

      Delete
    2. It is really unfair... I agree and I am a member I feel bad for non members they don't get anything cool when I was a non member I looked the same way.. but im sure they will add more cool non member stuff :)
      ~Rocat47

      Delete
    3. I know! Animal Jam will NEVER listen to us! They just send back stuff like: "Hey fellow Jammer! AJ HQ will TRY to incorperate your idea! Thanks!"

      Delete
    4. Ikr! Guess what, members have been "testing" the Jam-A-Gram chat ever since I've been on Animal jam! Which was June 2012! Over a YEAR now! I mean, seriously! I also agree with the recycling one. Once, I accidentally bought something that cost 2,000 gems, I had to recycle it, and I only got 500 gems back! SERIOUSLY?!

      Delete
  22. i agree with all of them but i dont like them bringing back all of the rares whats the fun in collecting them anymore one day you get a arre you always wanted next day it goes up for sale and there goes all the good stuff you traded for it i hope it doesnt happen with freedome wings i traded a legendary glove a hot cocoa machine and my only purple glove -_- so if it does oh nothing good will happen....
    ~Anonymous.. jk Rocat47 XP

    ReplyDelete
  23. We should be able to choose whether or not we receive jamaa grams too it gets really annoying from people asking you for your stuff -_-

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have one you could add! We should be able to choose whether or not we can hear people changing their animals! I mean SERIOUSLY! It gets so annoying! Especially in a densely populated area and TONS of people just start changing their animals! they should really change that! I mean you COULD just shut the sound off, but what if you can't see them changing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ugh I hate that all the rares are coming back! I had all the rare plants from early aj and now they came back! And they have there own shop! Well there goes all my hard work. -.-

    ReplyDelete
  26. Like they do in the wish factory on webkinz wait has anyone noticed that some of those guys on webkinz looks like the shamans O.o well every day you should be able to wish for an item and then the next day or a couple days ajhq picks one of those people and they get that item! but you shouldnt be able to wish for a certain color because everyone would be wishing for black worns and black long spikes. reply if your with me :D
    ~Rocat47

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am Just saying People should be nicer some times

    ReplyDelete
  28. I know right i totally agree with all of u its so messed up how you cant recieve gifts and cant change the color of yr furniture and not use some emotions SO MESSED UP!!!! (SCREAMS AN KNOCKS OVER T.V.)lol :-) :-) btw im 11 and please buddy me if u agree with me my user is angelsfanforever

    ReplyDelete
  29. You know most members arent real people som are but A LOT like A LOT A LOT A LOT A LOT of members are like computer generated or what do u call it?? whatever their controled by aj hq you know like a computer controling the member avatarYOU KNOW!! UGH!!!! U KNOW ITS REALLY FRUSTRATING THAT I CANT EXPLAIN THINGS RIGHT!! AND DONT BLAME ME!!! CUZ IM JUST 11 OK!!!?? SO YEAH!!!!! Ps im angelsfanforever BUDDY ME!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) lol

    ReplyDelete
  30. I started playing AnimalJam since August 2011, and the bad thing is After 2 years, You see, your rares are coming back, I had the beta computers, cups, etc. and now officially they are for SALE in the Jamaa Furniture Shop. Which bothers me a lot because I actually had to work so much just to get them, and Suddenly AJHQ decides: "Oooh, we should bring back these items, worth ____ gems". When I first that they were I started crying. My friend was like "Its just pixel." Me: "I know, and I ACTUALLY WORKED for that pixel." The one and most thing I HATED, was the Diamond Shop. Where they brought back Tail Armors, Legendary Gloves, etc. and MOST of all they are selling Member Animals for 10 diamonds ! I mean come on I actually payed REALLIFE Money to get that and they decide to just sell them for 10 diamonds. Now every member gets to just wait every Tuesday and get a new diamond and until they get 10 diamonds whileI pay $ to get them. AJHQ Should make these changes that we mentioned, because as they said '"Jamaa is a place of peace" Now it is a "Place full of crap, and nonsense" I hope I was not the only one that thought this was a cruel idea. Im sorry non-members, members, and Jammers! AJHQ just wants some flippin' money that's all. .-. ~AJWarriorHollyLeaf

    ReplyDelete
  31. i agree with all of this nonsense. National Geograghic already has enough money. They dont need to make a stupid kid site where "non members" DON'T GET TO OPEN FLIPPING GIFTS!ITS JUST CRUEL AND MEMBERS AND NON MEMBERS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE FRIENDS AND NOW U CAN'T EVEN SEND THEM GIFTS!!! ALL OF THIS "NOT BEING ABLE TO SEND GIFTS OR OPEN THEM" IS MAKING IT SO MEMBERS THINK THEY ARE BETTER THEN EVERYONE ELSE. I'M EVEN A MEMBER AND I HAVE NOTICED THIS AND I WONT PAY THIS STUPID SITE ANYMORE IF THEY KEEP IT THIS WAY!!! I'M FLIPPING TIRED OF IT.REPLY "hi" IF U AGREE WITH ME!!!!!!!! ~iamdacatlady

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi
    P.S I'd add more hi's but...
    I don't want to make accidental spam

    ~tiger096

    ReplyDelete
  33. I agree with this list SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete