Thursday, March 22, 2012

Some Monkey Facts


A special tribute to our departing friends who will be leaving Jamaa forever in a few weeks...

•Monkeys make up two of the three groups of simian primates, Old World monkeys and New World monkeys. The other group is the apes.
•Monkeys are most easily distinguished from apes by their tails. Apes have no tails.

•A group of monkeys is called a "troop".

•Monkeys are seriously threatened by habitat loss, especially those that live in tropical forests, a habitat that is quickly disappearing.

•Monkeys are omnivores, which means they eat both animals and plants.

•Proboscis (which means nose) monkeys are best known for the long noses of males, which grow larger as the monkeys age. They are so long they often hang over the mouth, exceeding 10cm in length.

Well, that's about it for facts. I hope you learned something about monkeys and have more 
respect for these beautiful, intelligent creatures! Don't forget to get a monkey before they go extinct!

3 comments:

  1. I wish they weren't gonna be extinct! I just got a monkey and I'm never recycling it! I mean, monkeys were never that popular, and Animal Jam is always getting new aninals (I can't wait for the octopuses, or octopi, or whatever!) so it makes sense that monkeys will be extinct. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lineyluv :) ;) :D xDMarch 23, 2012 at 5:09 PM

    And in case you haven't already noticed, I'm kinda obsessed with smileys! lol :) ;) :D :p xD
    And here's a dog smiley I made up, but it dosen't have ears, sorry... :-3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a storage full of monkeys called FlipFlopss and one is a spirit and one is a shadow.

    ReplyDelete