Sunday, May 6, 2012

All About Pet Effects

This is what my dog Gofish looks like beside my penguin when Pet Effects are activated:

As you can see, black bones are coming out of my dog.




This is what my dog Gofish looks like beside my penguin when Pet Effects are not activated:

As you can see, there are no black bones coming out of my dog.



My Animal Profile when Pet Effects are activated:




















My Animal Profile when Pet Effects are not activated:




















My Pet Screen when Pet Effects are activated:

By clicking the circular bone icon in the bottom right-hand corner you can turn Pet Effects on or off.
As you clearly see, the circular bone icon in the bottom right-hand corner is indented and shadowed, which means it has been selected (Pet Effects are activated/on).














My Pet Screen when Pet Effects are not activated:

By clicking the circular bone icon in the bottom right-hand corner you can turn Pet Effects on or off.
As you clearly see, the circular bone icon in the bottom right-hand corner is not indented and not shadowed, which means it has not been selected (Pet Effects are not activated/off).














More Information Regarding Pet Effects:
If you are wearing the same pet with a Pet Effect on every single one of your animals and you deactivate the Pet Effect on one of your animals via your Pet Screen, it deactivates the Pet Effect on every single one of your animals. For instance, if all of my animals are wearing my dog Gofish, who has a black bone Pet Effect, and I deactivate the Pet Effect on my penguin, all of my other animals who are wearing Gofish have a deactivated Pet Effect. But if I activate it again, all of my animals have an activated Pet Effect. Make sense? I hope so. It was kind of difficult for me to word.

Also, if you make a new dog, you can't use a Pet Effect unless you earn it again! The little bone will not be in the bottom right-hand corner if you make a new dog, even if you already earned a Pet Effect on the same type of animal before. I tried to make another dog, but I couldn't use my black bone Pet Effect on it. Apparently you have to earn it again!

How the heck do you earn a Pet Effect?!
Not many people have them. The exact way to earn them is unknown as of now. I have seen them so far on snakes and dogs. All I know is that I played Disc Toss many, many times because I was trying to get the achievement called: "Catch Me if You Can!" where you have to "catch 5,000 discs total in Disc Toss". As you all know my goal is to get every achievement on Animal Jam possible. There are 191 in all and I had 187. (I have 189 now, because I got my "Catch Me If You Can!" achievement on Friday, May 4, 2012, and I got my  "Clothes Shopper 250!" on Saturday, May 5, 2012.) I lost the game after losing my 3rd life by missing my 3rd disc. Then this screen popped up like normal and I selected "No".





















Then this screen popped up:

I had never heard of or seen Pet Effects before. I didn't know what the heck the screen that popped up after I lost Disc Toss meant, but I followed the directions. I went to my Pet Screen and saw a new icon: the bone icon. I clicked it and turned on my Pet Effect! Then I sent my friend Trickertreee a Jam-A-Gram telling him I got a Pet Effect. He came and saw it and asked if he could take a picture for his blog. I said he could so he made a post about it:

I made a post about my newfound Pet Effect as well (before Trickertreee did) which can be found at this link:

When did you get your Pet Effect?
I got my Pet Effect on Thursday, May 3, 2012.

Who discovered Pet Effects?
That would be me.

I hope this helped this little guide helped everyone! I made it to provide as many details as I could, as opposed to my shorter one, which was more of an announcement, not a guide. I'm really sorry that I couldn't tell you the exact way to earn Pet Effects but the truth is that nobody knows how, not even the people who got them! Good luck, though! Just try to play Pet Games as much as possible and who knows! You may get a cool effect for your pet!

Known Jammers so far with Pet Effects:
  • Sheesh4 (dog)
  • Trickertreee (dog, snake)
  • Goofy8966 (snake)

47 comments:

  1. This is off topic, I know, but my first member animal is a penguin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok so im confused how to you get pet effects?

      Delete
  2. @Sheesh4

    Hey Sheesh. Well, I've had this for a while now... But, I was the second jammer to earn the skulls in the snake effect. Trickertreee was the first... Just thought I tell you. ;)

    Goofy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, my username on AJ is keenyawolf, and I wish to ask some questions:
    -To get the special effects, do you need to have ALL of the achievements of the games (both Disk Toss and SSSSSSSSSnake)?
    -Also, do you get different pattern of things coming out of your pet? Does the shape of the whatever coming out of the pet vary?
    Last but not least, please check out my den sometime; It will make me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont know i got all the achievements in sssnake and i didn't get the effects for his thing

      Delete
    2. In order to get pet effects for the snake for example, you would have to play Sssssnake until you get 100 golden mice total. I have researched this somewhat and found out sometimes it does vary. I have seen halloween masks on pets as well i believe those are a form of pet effects i did get the skulls for my snake and bones for my puppy though. my username for AJ is Metallika

      Delete
    3. You don't need the achivement at all. It's about how many golden discs or mice u get.

      Delete
  4. Hey Sheesh! I just got pet effects too! I learned about them from your blog, and I've been trying and trying and I finally got the snake pet effects! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I'm so happy for you! :) They are so hard to earn and it gets so annoying playing the specific pet game over and over, especially since you don't know how many times you have to play it.

      P.S. Love your picture! I love cookies. :3

      Delete
  5. I recently got the snake pet effect! This page was really helpful ;) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same! if you want to add me up there that'll be fine (hipow56)

      Delete
  6. i try so hard to get dang pet effects but it never happened i once caught 6,000 total discs didn't get catch me if ya can achivement or pet effetc -_-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got pet effects for both my snake and puppy and I found out how to do it. You have to get 100 golden mice total for the snake in the game Sssssnake and 100 golden discs in Disc Toss for the puppy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks for that info! :D

      Delete
    2. No problem Sheesh anything to help XD

      Delete
    3. I dont think I got that much patience in order to get 100 disc, like the most I got in one game was 4... I'll be here awhile!

      Delete
  8. Just got the dog pet effect! Working on Snake! Is there a duck one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah.
      http://animaljaminsiders.blogspot.com/2013/03/everything-about-pet-effects-under.html

      Delete
  9. Guys, you don't need achievements to get it. You need:

    Snake effect - 100 Golden mice in Sssssnake.

    Dog effect - 100 golden discs in Disc Toss.

    Duck effect - Get 100 golden rubber ducks in Ducky Dash.

    I have the snake one and I am working on the rest currently! -ShinyFrost

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got effects for my snake.
    ~snickerz956

    ReplyDelete
  11. how many golden mouse we need to get the effect?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you turn them on in the new version?

    BTW I love your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. how do u kno u were the first one??

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have seen some jammers walking around with their pets and there is a smaller animal following their pet around..........I really want to learn how to do that.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get the pets for pets thingamabobs from the pet stop :D

      Delete
  15. It also wors for Duckies in Ducky Dash
    Xavier883

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh I luv the backround and a watermelon for my mouse? AWESOME

    ReplyDelete
  17. i have a snake pet effect :D,im princessASW :3

    ReplyDelete
  18. How hard is it to get the dog effect? I've gotten many disks and no effect yet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello,
    to get the dog affect do you have to get all the disks at once in one game or can it be a few games and then it all adds up

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have all of the pet effects! So... Many... Hours... Seriously, it took FOREVER!!!! D:

    ReplyDelete
  21. I WANT A PET EFFECT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I want a pet effect too!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. <3 AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. how did u do that!?
    DX

    ReplyDelete
  25. http://animaljaminsiders.blogspot.com/2013/03/everything-about-pet-effects-under.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. i got the 100 mouse achievement on sssssnake, but i didnt get the effects.....

    ReplyDelete
  27. bepper also has the bone effect on her dog, Ultrapuppy

    ReplyDelete
  28. You can get these effects on your dog, snake, and duck pets. To get these effects you need to catch 100 golden disc in disc toss (a golden disc occurs every 25 regular discs) for your puppy to get the effect. (For the puppy the effect is floating dog bones) To get the effect for snakes you need to catch 1000 golden mice in Ssssssnake!(For the snake the effect is floating skulls) To get the effect for ducks you need to get 100 golden rubber ducks in Ducky Dash. (For the duck the effect is floating eggs)
    Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete
  29. where are the games located in the game

    ReplyDelete
  30. where are the games located in the game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Disc toss is in Seripia Forest, Ssssnake is in Lost temple of Zios, and I THINK Ducky Dash is in Jamaa Township

      Delete
  31. Is there a way to see how close you are to getting
    the effect?

    ReplyDelete
  32. I got a pet effect on my snake, today actually. You can get the snake one by catching 100 golden mice in the snake mini game. It took me a few days, but I got it. My aj user is Theclarinetcop.

    ReplyDelete