Thursday, June 28, 2012

Gem Breaker Hints & Tips

Game Locations: Mt. Shiveer, Sol Arcade [Jamaa Township]
Players: 1-2
Achievements: Click here for a full list of the achievements you can earn by playing Gem Breaker, complete with hints and tips on how to earn them.
Game Genre: Strategy/Luck
Game Controls: Use your left mouse button to shoot. Move your mouse to the left/right to aim.
Gameplay: Gem Breaker is a really fun game. You can play it by yourself or with one of your buddies. Only 1-2 players can play, unfortunately. Now, I consider myself pretty good at this game, and I'm sure my good friend Goofy8966 will agree.
Like almost all Animal Jam games, Gem Breaker has three different difficulty levels. Easy, Medium and Hard. If you just want to earn all your achievements as quickly and easily as possible, I definitely recommend playing on the Easy level. If you want just a little more challenge, try Medium. And if you are an ambitious person who loves to take the most challenging route up the mountain I highly suggest playing it on Hard!

To play this game you use your mouse and left-click to shoot a gem out of the contraption at the bottom of the screen that kind of looks like a harpoon/anchor. You can move your mouse to the left and right to aim it. The contraption can not move up or down but you can change its angle. Remember to aim based on the gem color. If you have a blue gem you should aim towards a group of blue gems. If there isn't a group of blue gems then make a new one. You need to match at least 3 gems of the same color to knock them down. The aim of the game is to clear (knock down) all of the phantoms in a level.

Each level tells you how many phantoms you have to clear to win and progress to the next level.

In the bottom right-hand corner it tells you what color gem you will get next. This color will appear in your "harpoon" after you shoot the one you have currently. So this helps determine where you should shoot a stray gem that doesn't have a group to go to. Like if you have a blue gem and there are no already-made blue gem groups above, this could tell you where you should shoot it so you don't block the group of the gem color that is going to come next. That way you'll be able to shoot the next gem color to its group. (That is, if it has an already-made group.)

Tips: I only have a couple of tips... Remember to pay attention to both sides of the board. When I say that I mean keep a close eye on both sides to make sure that the right side isn't accumulating more gems than the left side. Try to keep them even. If you have a red gem and there are two red gem groups above pick the group that's on the side that has the most gems. You want to keep both sides balanced out with as little gems as possible. That's my best tip for earning the "Gem Ace!" achievement where you have to complete level 20 of Gem Breaker. That was one of my hardest achievements to earn.

Oh! Also! Remember that you don't necessarily have to hit the gem straight towards where you want it to go! You can point it to a wall and if you get your angle right it can go where you want it to go. This is especially helpful if you have tons of gems and you're in a pickle because you know you're going to lose soon if you don't get rid of all of them.

Questions? Comments? Suggestions? Leave a comment! I hope I helped make your Gem Breaker experience as easy and fun as possible!

9 comments:

  1. @Sheesh
    -Thanks for all the info. and stuff on Gem Breaker! I think you made the game sound more fun, maybe I'll try playing it sometime! Hey BTW if you wanna check out my blog the URL address is: jammersways.blogspot.com anyone can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clicked On You PepDow23 But Ya Blog Wouldnt work sorry for all the feedback and stuff :)

    And Smiles Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im kind off Got A weird user in that post but it aint my user

    ReplyDelete
  4. sheesh this is GREAT! ive only tried Gem Breaker a couple of times cuz I couldn't figure it out,but I think I will try it again;) thx SO MUCH for the info!!!!!!! :D -ilovefrance19820

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, thanks for the tips! I think I'm going to play some Gem Breaker now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. hiya add me boys im lovewins8888

    ReplyDelete
  7. dosent make sence

    ReplyDelete