Saturday, February 14, 2015

Big Rant - Necessary AJ Improvements

Here is a list of stuff that irritates me:

1. Non-members can't open gifts that are sent to them (this has always been true, but it still sucks).

2. Non-members can't SEND gifts. What the frig, AJHQ. Now you're TAKING AWAY THE FEW PRIVILEGES THAT NON-MEMBERS HAD?!!! That's just sad.

3. Non-members can't wash their pets at the Pet Wash, even though they can have 3 pets. Non-members also can't accessorize their pets at the Pet Stop.

4. Jam-A-Gram messages are so limited in the words you can use. I can't say "sorry," "membership," "but," "would," "should," "half," "long" (I haven't been on AJ in so long), "but" (which is probably the most commonly used conjunction in the English language). You get the idea. I can't even say a person's username. GOOD GRIEF. You can't even use two periods in a sentence. WHAT?!! Is AJHQ trying to promote run-on sentences and bad punctuation??? What the heck was wrong with using two sentences in a row? And what was wrong with using a period and an emoticon in the same sentence? If AJHQ can give me a valid reason for making all these stupid changes to chat, then I'm a monkey's uncle.

5. Animal Jam chat blocks almost everything, including, as Mel pointed out on her blog, the former name of the company that runs AJ - Smart Bomb Interactive. This is so sad it's funny.

6. Now you have to buy new animals and new pets WITH FREAKING DIAMONDS. No way. Rip off.

7. You have to buy a membership AND buy diamonds (or wait for like 10 weeks). That's twice the expense as before. And most diamond items are members only, so if you have like 30 diamonds on a non-member, guess what?!! You can't use them!! How awesome is that?!!

8. Animal Jam brought back MONTHLY MEMBER GIFTS, which they said would never be brought back. They also brought back some Rare Item Monday's, which they also said would never be brought back.

9. There is not enough clothing inventory space. 200 clothing items? Really??!!!

10. There is not enough den music space. I want more music and I have no room to buy any more.

11. These dumb tiger silhouettes make it so I can't see my friends' animals, pets, achievements, den, or anything!!! Also, many of my active friends who I saw in the past DAY show up as silhouettes so I can't see their animals or even go to their dens. Even when I search their name in the username search bar, they still show up as silhouettes. When I try to set a friend's name for a den teleporter, I can't do it if they are a tiger silhouette! And like I said, many of my friends show up as tigers even if they were just on that very day!!!

12. Animal Jam took the game achievements list off their help page. Now they have literally none of their old articles which were very helpful and informative.

13. When you turn off buddy requests, you still get them by Jam-A-Gram.

14. In addition to the inability of non-members to send (and receive) gifts, the fact that AJ took chat history away from non-members is preposterous and just not okay. The gap between members and non-members is large enough without STRIPPING NON-MEMBERS of the things they always had.

15. The fact that new players who are non-members can't have safe chat, whereas before they could.

16. The fact that AJHQ hasn't added a map icon that allows you to see where all the mini-games are and click on the mini-game icon to travel there. (Like the shop icons or the video icons they have)

17. The fact that you can't say "scammer." I understand people have come up with new words that mean the same thing (scaling, scanning, etc.) but WHAT THE FRIG AJ?!! What kind of brilliant idea was this, making it so people who are scammed can't even tell people they were scammed??? AJ bewilders me.

18. BUDDY LIST SIZE SUCKS. 100 buddies? AJ is about 5 years old and we can STILL only have 100 buddies? How hard would it be to make the buddy list 250 buddies? It would take about 5 seconds to do, but noooooo. Of course not. AJ would never dream of being reasonable.

19. Animal Jam has become more and more geared toward younger kids. The excessive overuse of emotes, random capitalization of almost every word, !!!!!!!!!!, and ??????? all over The Daily Explorer, and the constant messages from AJHQ talking about "the luck o' the Irish" and other stuff that's old news gets really annoying.

20. AJ won't stop pestering non-members about getting a membership. AJ said they'd never advertise, but technically this is advertising. Non-members don't need a Jam-A-Gram every month saying they should get a membership.

21. The alphas. They are so ugly!!! They don't even look like animals any more!! They used to be awesome and realistic looking but now they look like trash. Way too plasticky. Liza looks fake and Peck's voice is very annoying. I miss the shamans and their old animation style. The alphas look disgusting now.

22. The Pet Stop. I know we've had it for a really long time, but I miss the old pet system where rare pet features were actually RARE and hard to get and so pets were a lot more meaningful and special. I spent probably around 100,000 gems getting all my pets with the features I wanted... And then AJ brought the Pet Stop... WOW.

23. And lastly, AJ still hasn't made an option to turn off the sound you hear when people change animals. Either they should give us that option or get rid of the sound entirely. It is SO ANNOYING. Who cares if the person next to me is changing from a bunny to an owl?!! I sure don't!

And that's all, folks. Don't get me wrong, AJ is awesome and in some ways has improved a great deal and gotten even more fun. I love the minigames, the graphics, the adventures, the music, and the storyline. But some things really bug me and are just plain unfair. AJ is becoming more and more like Club Penguin by the day.

13 comments:

  1. 17. It's not like a scammer is going to say "trade me i scam"

    20. I don't know if you saw this but look at the bottom of my post http://animaljamflash.blogspot.com/2014/12/december-gifts-day-6.html (sorry if this counts as advertising you can delete this comment after)

    21. I miss when they were called Shamans

    I had something more to say but I forgot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember

      AJ's "free chat" isn't even free anymore. We used to be able to use basically any normal symbol plus a few odd ones like ™ and now all we can use is ! ? . , : ( )
      If you have free chat, you can't even type after ! ? or . unless you use some key command on the keyboard that no one knows about. We also used to be able to post a blank message in the chat. The chat is really glitchy now too, if you say I'm it "corrects" it to I'M
      There are so many restrictions now... You can't put the letters w, v, x, or f in their own message. Like you said, you can't say "scam" because that word is apparently a bad word. You can't telll your friend you got scammed without sounding dumb saying "I got SCALE"

      Delete
    2. sorry for so many comments, you can't even say my old username WitchHatBunny without getting a warning. You can say witchhatbunn without the y and that's perfectly fine, but add that y and it's bad. I don't know if that's because AJHQ hates me or not
      We can't have caps in the middle of words or even in our usernames anymore
      If I wanted to make the username YukiYuna, it would correct it to Yukiyuna. You can't have YUKIYUNA either, it would make it Yukiyuna. It's really... lame

      Delete
    3. 20. No, I didn't see that post about advertising on your blog! Great minds think alike! XD

      And I know!! I'm or I'll, etc. I really hate AJ chat now.

      No prob for all the comments lol

      I love that AJ doesn't allow us to say so many words but allows us to say some made up words that don't even exist in the English language.

      Delete
    4. You can say coelacanth in restricted chat but you can't say "but" in restricted chat

      I doubt more than 5 people in AJ know what a coelacanth is

      Delete
    5. XD isn't that an ancient fish?
      And that's crazy. What the heck is wrong with the word "but".... What has the world come to. I'm really surprised that AJ has not done a single thing to fix their chat... It's been a year. Don't they care. (No, they don't.)

      Delete
    6. Yes, it's an ancient fish
      I don't know if it's related to the I'M thing but there was a glitched people found recently that let them say anything they wanted (other than symbols) and you can probably guess how people abused that. That was around the time the I'M thing started happening (I think?)
      I made a rant about AJ's chat system when I came back to AJ, I don't know if you saw it/want to see it

      Delete
    7. Awesome rant Sheesh c: (its me bigcats btw) And May, isn't Relicanth a coelocanth? Remember when we caught one on the rainy day in AC :D That was awesome

      Delete
    8. What's AC?
      And yeah, Relicanth is based on a coelacanth.
      And OMG! What's your user on AJ? Is it still bigcatsfoever??

      Delete
    9. I didn't know you liked Pokemon, Sheesh (at least I think you do because you knew Relicanth is based on a coelacanth)
      AC is Animal Crossing

      Delete
    10. Oh, yeah. I love Pokemon. I used to go to a Pokemon Club and I had a fire badge and I watched literally all the pokemon eps and movies and had like 600 Pokemon cards and I even have a Pokemon card carrying case. It's purple with a pikachu on it! :P I have like 10 Pokemon books and guide books, too. :P XDDDD

      Delete
    11. Oh, and I have a giant suffed Pikachu. >.<

      Delete
  2. Hi, nice post , could you tell me how clothing on pets was before pet stop?

    ReplyDelete