Sunday, March 1, 2015

I Got Scammed by CandyKat5607

CandyKat5607 scammed me today. She sent me a Jam-A-Gram telling me to come to my den. Then she said she needed my purple New Year's Party Hat and Epic Penguin Plushie for a picture she was taking. She said she'd give them back in one minute and I trusted her because we'd been friends for a while and I thought she was awesome, funny, and cool. I sent her the items and then she immediately locked her den and unbuddied me.

I was so shocked when I saw the message "this jammer's den has been locked" and was booted to Jamaa Township because I really trusted Candy to return my items once she was finished taking the supposed "pic." She said she'd give my items back in less then a minute and I told her to promise to do this and she promised.

Now, this is nothing new. I've been scammed before (all involving Jam-A-Grams and conspiracies), and I'll admit there were some early warning signs that I didn't heed. It was suspicious that she asked for my purple party hat because I'd changed my animal (it had been an owl) to my penguin that was wearing the purple party hat when I got to her den and saw that she was a penguin. Before I was in her den, I had been an owl. So the fact that she asked for the party hat once she saw it on my penguin was suspicious... but I trusted her as a friend and so I sent both items - the epic penguin plushie and the party hat.

It's not like I've never been scammed before and know it's not smart to send your items to anyone unless you can trust them. I thought I could trust her, but I was wrong... This was the first time I've been scammed in about 2 years. Even when I joined AJ for the first time, I knew what scamming was and knew when people were trying to scam me... But for some reason, I wanted to be a good friend today (I try to do that every day, but that's not the point) and so I sent her the items so she could use them for a short period to take a picture... I regret doing that now...

Thank god I have great, amazing, supportive friends who helped me out today. Some of them sent me items and others just lent a kind, supportive ear to hear what happened. Thank you guys so much: DoomyPanda, Balaur, Nafaria9, and Shimmers. You are true friends and I am so lucky to have you guys.

I am definitely not the only one to get scammed by Candy. A while ago, a person named Westernspirit came to my den (where Candy and I were hanging out - we were buddies then) to chase Candy down after she scammed her at a trading party in someone's den. I didn't know who to believe, to tell you the truth, but I was more than willing to hear Westernspirit's story. She said that Candy stole her fox hat by doing a trust trade... Now, I'll admit trust trades are a little different than just sending a person your items because they're your friend and you think they'll give them back after they take a pic, but trust trading is nevertheless horrible. So yeah. Another jammer had their long black spike collar scammed by Candy. And there are still other people Candy has scammed as well... If you see this "jammer" (more like "scammer") around, beware. What's even worse is that she fakes being a good, funny friend! It's easier to avoid and be wary of jammers who are obvious scammers, but people who stab you in the back after they feign friendship are the ones you need to be really careful of. If she's on your buddy list, I wouldn't delete her necessarily, but just know that she DOES scam, even if she seems awesome!

I only bothered reporting her once (because AJ doesn't care about people who get scammed and they never help anyone out) and I only sent Candy two Jam-A-Grams after the incident, just saying how I couldn't believe she'd do something like that and I thought we were friends. As I expected, I received no response from her. I also noticed that she happened to be wearing a purple party hat that she hadn't been wearing before. Gee, I wonder where she got that?!!
It's so ironic how we just had the Friendship Festival and are now having the Lucky Day Party, yet scamming is still going on, strong as ever.

I guess the lesson here is that ANYONE can scam you, even people who you think are your friends. The other lesson is that there are some really great, awesome jammers out there who provide help and support for people who have been scammed. We need more people like them and less scammers.

34 comments:

  1. I'd send you replacement items if I had those items :(
    I learned not to trust people the hard way, after getting betrayed by my "true" friends many times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks May. It's okay. Nafaria sent me a purple party hat to replace my scammed one and Balaur sent me a Mira Statue, a large fox plushie (to replace my penguin - it wasn't an epic one but it is cute just the same and means a lot because of the thought and kindness that went with it), and a pink fox hat. Shimmers also sent me a Lit Wire Reindeer.
    I'm so grateful that I have great friends to comfort me and listen to what happened. I found that now that I'm older and have more important things (such as getting ready for college and getting great grades) that scamming has less of an impact on me. Rares are not as important to me as they used to be, but the scam nevertheless hurt and I thought about it a lot yesterday and today.

    We should treasure our friends. I think I know which ones are true, trustworthy friends, such as you, Snowy, Balaur, UnicornHeart202, Shimmers, brambles, Goofy, bigcatsfoever, Pepdow, Nafaria (whom I just met but is really awesome and nice), etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear this Sheesh :c I'm glad you got some fo your items back though c:

      ~Bigcats

      Delete
  3. Aww, thanks Sheesh! I hope Candy learns a true lesson one day.

    Trust is really hard to grow back once you've lost it. That's for sure. :c

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had generous nice kind friends like you do.. I sent my long time friend a gift on AJ and she didn't even send me something back and a different one deleted me... No one has ever truly been kind to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True kindness is much more than just sending each other gifts. I think it's when you are merciful and compassionate to someone, even if they don't deserve it.

      Delete
  5. Sheesh4, I was just going to ask you, and I would really appreciate it, if we could be buddies? Me & you are so much alike: we get scammed ALOT (and it's our fault for believing the scammers), and if we became buddies, (I don't know about you) I would send gifts and try to make up for each other being scammed.
    Bye for now, I hope we become buddies soon!
    Your #1 fan of your blog and everything,
    crystalgirl7024 (on aj)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My list if full at the moment, but if you send a request, I'll keep it in my Jam-A-Gram archive and add you when I have a space open!

      Delete
    2. Okay Sheesh4 THANK YOU SO MUCH! BTW have you been checking your 'Ask Sheesh4' comments? I'm checking on them right now, and you took me by surprise, I knew there was 6 comments when I published this one, and when I saw that there were 8 comments now I checked them right away! I wasn't expecting you to answer right away!
      ~crystalgirl7024

      Delete
    3. Oh haha. I don't check that regularly anymore, but I can check now.

      Delete
    4. Wow you got a space open quick! Again, thank you so much! LOL good luck on your homework. :P
      ~crystalgirl7024 (on AJ)

      Delete
    5. I saw what you said about me, Sheesh, AND I'M SO FLATTERED I MIGHT EXPLODE! Thank you SO MUCH!

      -Balaur

      Delete
    6. Aw, well it's true, Bal :)

      Delete
  6. I tried to send you the umbrella hat but I forgot you always show up as a grey tiger for me so I can't send it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I got it, Mel! Thanks so much!! And yeah, you show up as a grey tiger for me, too! Almost all of my friends do, even though they were just on that day! STUPID AJ

      Delete
  7. OMG!! The same thing happened to me!!!!!!!!!! DX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IM SO SORRY FOR U!
      tell me ur user so I can gift u
      ;)

      Delete
    2. And isn't it great that AJ hasn't done a single thing to Candy? She should be banned, I'm serious.

      Delete
    3. I know, and they were moderating the whole situation, so they SAW you get scammed by Candy. They do NOT care at ALL, they scam US, as a matter of fact, they scam our money (membership for diamonds & stuff) and our time (just plain playing AJ), so they understand scammers, and I know she isn't banned, because her animal is not always the same. I:( BTW sorry Sheesh!
      crystalgirl7024 (on AJ)

      Delete
    4. Aw, thank you so much, Crystal. And it's sad but true. Sometimes I really do feel like AJ doesn't care about their players; just the players' money. Diamonds are such an obvious way for AJ to get more money. Now they make pretty much everything diamonds. Soon all clothes and furniture in Jam Mart Funiture and Jam Mart Clothing will be only bought with diamonds, I bet. Gosh, AJ... Greedy... AND they never talk normally! They always use caps and talk to us like babies!!!

      Delete
    5. Randomly decided to read the comments on this post for no reason
      That's a really good point, AJHQ always says "24 hour live moderation" and all that stuff. That would mean they watch people get scammed and don't do anything about it. The worst they can do is suspend the scammer for a few days but they don't do anything for the victims

      Delete
    6. About the diamond part, the last animal I remember
      coming out not in the ds (diamond shop), (not back from traveling or exploring) was the koala, I think lol.
      ~CrystalGirl7024

      Delete
  8. Also Sheesh, I wish I could send you stuff but now Im a non member :c

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the same comment as the one above so I deleted it. :3

      Delete
  10. I have a friend on AJ who I can trust?
    I know her in real life :)
    We did a jam-a-gram trade, I sent her a designer skirt and she sent me back these rare leg bands. I like them :D
    The skirt was for her real life sister

    ~tiger096

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh god Sheesh. You baby. Crying over stupid items. You deserve to be scammed.-CandyKat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You deserve to be banned CandyKat. :/

      Delete
    2. Haha, I do deserve to be banned don't I? But it's funny, because AJHQ hasn't done it yet. God, why do people stand up for her? -CandyKat

      Delete
    3. Candy, why do you even bother? People stand up for her because she's a nice person. Not a scammer.
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~








      ~CrystalGirl7024

      Delete
  12. sorry to hear sheesh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got scammed today for the first time and honestly I feel cheated.
    I don't know if it was nessiscarily "scamming" but I felt like I was tricked... I haven't played AJ in a while, and I have quite a few rares. So I logged in today and was just walking around when someone [not saying their name] asked to trade for my rare headdress.
    I declined, because I didn't want the items, but I buddied the jammer and went to their den because they had a few items that were good. I explained I hadn't played for a while, and they seemed nice and understanding.
    I ended up trading my rare headdress for a grey beard and a blue top hat, which I thought was really good, because the last time I played the rare headdresses were declining in rarity and honestly were only worth a bad short collar or a good wrist.
    Later, I talked to my friends and they explained that rare headdresses are actually rarer now and worth more. I'm so mad I can't even believe it.. they took advantage of me.
    If anyone wants to talk, I need more friends on AJ who won't scam me, lmao! My username is Princesslivingstone c:

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey sheesh4, cna we plz be buddies?! U are so awesome!! I will help u in situations like this! I am buddies with Nafaria9! My username is koolkid505.

    ReplyDelete